- N R Narayana Murthy, Infosys
In the state of Tamil Nadu:
- Number of Backward Castes according to the first population Census 1883 : 11
- Number of Backward Castes according to the first Post-Independence Census 1883 : 270
- Number of Backward Castes according to the current government policy 1990-2006: 434
- Almost 93% of the state's population fall under these 474 'Backward' castes
- Birth-rate per thousand 2003 : 18.3
- Death-rate per thousand 2003 : 7.6
- Infant Mortality Rate/1000 Live Births 2003 : 43
- Sex Ratio (Female / 1000 Males) : 974
- Literacy Rate 2001 : 73.45
- Per Capita Income in (Rs.) : 25965
Tamil Nadu has the most number of enterprises in the country 10.56% of the national total!!
Tamil Nadu has the second highest Foreign Direct Investment in the country!
Tamil Nadu has the second highest Human Development Index in the country!
Tamil Nadu has the third highest number of jobs in the country 9.97% of the national total!!
Tamil Nadu is also the MOST HYPOCRITICAL Society in the Country!
In spite of having one of the best indices in the country, 93% of the population considers itself and is considered by the government to be backward.... backward enough to require reservations in jobs and educational institutions to progress!
I suggest to the wise politicians of Tamil Nadu. Please change the name of Tamil Nadu to Tamil Nadu B.S. (like Washington D.C.) Tamil Nadu -Backward State
Of all the posts I've made on Hypocrisy so far.... Tamil Nadu takes the prize! This is Hypocrisy at it's very best!
More posts on Hypocrisy
Census India - 2001
Tamil Nadu Government - Statistics
Fifth national Economic Census
Falling Over Backwards : An Essay On Reservations And On Judicial Populism - Book by Arun Shourie, former Union Minister