Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Rain Dance

My Stomach was grumbling, just two more pages I said to myself, let me finish this chapter and go home for lunch. But just as I shut the book the sky opened up and it started pouring. I had removed the rain coat from the haversack I carried to the University Library daily only today morning. Cursing myself I waited for a few minutes at the vehicle parking lot wishing the rain would stop, but it continued to pour down relentlessly.

Wet spectacles, dim light in the evenings and the glare of the headlights of the oncoming traffic have all prevented me from enjoying driving through the rain in the past. If not now, when I thought, putting on my helmet I started off as some of the waiting doctors stared at me as I was going in for a suicide.

The Sun was shining bright enough through the clouds to allow me a clear vision through my helmet visor. I always wanted to drive through the puddles of water spraying water on either side... But not wanting to wet myself and those around me I've resisted this pleasure for long. As I whizzed through empty roads filled with the less adventurous standing under bus shelters and trees hoping to wait out the rain, I really pitied them for not being able to enjoy what I was. I zig Zagged my way in the pouring rain cutting through every puddle spraying water on either side ah.... at last.... this was great.

As I turned into my lane all drenched and dripping, the rain stopped as if someone above turned off a switch.
Post a Comment